22 November 2010

Peonies & Roses: A Christmas Stocking


Pin It!
Every year my church holds a raffle as a fund raiser and every year I make a one-of-a-kind Christmas stocking and donate it. I enjoy making them and it is challenging to come up with new designs every year.

Most of the time when I am designing something I let the fabric guide me. This year I couldn't decide between 3 different fabric collections, I wanted to make them all. So in addition to the stocking I made for the church, I am making 2 more to put in my Etsy shop.

The stocking pictured here is made from the Aviary Collection by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics. I actually used a honey bun to make the cuff. I chose the rose and ivory tone strips to make it. I made a scalloped edge and added some decorative topstitching in pale pink and added faux pearls.

The main part of the stocking, both front & back, is made using ivory bird eggs, a wonderful fabric so reminiscent of the Victorian period, I think. I used a pre-quilted ivory fabric for the lining.

I made a floral spray with a large peony as the focal point, a smaller peony bud, and some pink roses here & there. There's a pink & ivory satin ribbon bow with a faux pearl center as an accent.

Look for this stocking and more at my Etsy shop. I hope to see you there.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails