03 June 2010

Miss Patience


Pin It!
Two of my grandchildren, Patience and Edward, are staying a couple weeks with me right now. They are 9 and 11 years old, respectively. I am thrilled they are here, I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like to.

Ed keeps busy doing lots of stuff, playing with my dog, Chloe, or helping with the yard work or playing video games, etc. But Miss Patience is easily bored and keeping her entertained is quite a chore.

So, one day when I was working in my studio I brought Patience with me. Well she just loves crafts. She loves to create things, she is quite a little artist actually. So she started drawing a handbag and showed it to me and asked me to make it.

I told her to write down what size she wants it. I told her to describe the strap. I asked her to pick out the fabric and the lining. She told me she wanted the magnet snap. And she told me she wanted a flower on it. So we got out my box of handmade fabric flowers and she picked one out. I asked if she wanted an inside pocket, maybe one with a zipper. She said no.

So I thought that this would be fairly easy to put together and we set out to do that. And about 2 hours later I had finished her bag. I think it is the perfect little bag for an evening out. It's adorable.

Then came the task of naming the bag and that took about 2 seconds. Of course I call it The Miss Patience Bag. I finished the tutorial the next day and listed it in my Etsy shop. You can see it here.

Patience and I got the thrill of our lives this morning when I checked my Etsy shop and discovered that someone had purchased the tutorial!! (Thank you Jean!) I screamed for Patience to come and look. She was totally ecstatic! And I would've given up anything to see the look on her face and to have that special memory with my beautiful Patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails